Monday, June 1, 2009

French Open--what they said

"She's an excellent clay court player, so it will be fun."
Serena Williams, on her upcoming quarterfinal against Svetlana Kuznetsova

"Serena, you know, she wished me to keep it up and keep working hard. She's a--you know, champions know what to say."
Aleksandria Wozniak

"Definitely I not happy to play three sets, but I already been through a little bit of fight, because other matches were too easy and sometimes it's not too good."
Svetlana Kuznetsova

Didyou know how well she could play?
"I didn't know how well she could play, but I know how well I can play."
Jelena Jankovic

"To me, her match was perfect. I felt I was powerless on the court. I couldn't find the solutions to win. I wanted to feel less bad, if I can say."
Virginie Razzano, on her match against Samantha Stosur

"...I respect her a lot. She achieved unbelievable effort in tennis, you know. Every player dreams to achieve what she did in tennis. I respect her for her achievements. Outside of the courts,she has great personality. We text on BlackBerry. Definitely in these tournaments we talk less, but we listen kind of similar music. We have similar interests. We laugh a lot, you know."
Svetlana Kuznetsova, on her friendship with Serena Williams

"...I think for me was a little harder, because I wanted things happening too fast, you know. I think the best thing for me lately is I'm trying to have more patience and taking the wins and the lose the same."
Sorana Cirstea

"...I need my confidence back. I need this--you know, when it's important points, important moment of the match, I need to, you know, go for my shots. I need to have that belief that they're going to go in."
Jelena Jankovic


"Now I have my hitting partner, which is 22, my massagist [sic] which is 24. So it's funny, you know. In some way I just start to think about it right now, and it's very funny. But Ienjoy it so much. I cannot explain it."
Why is that funny?
"Because everybody is so young. We're like in school almost. A little bit grown school."
Svetlana Kuznetsova

"Unfortunately, this is the feeling I had, powerlessness against her. I couldn't go to the net. I couldn't enjoy my shots ont he court today. I didn't enjoy it. I had the impression I didn't know how toplay tennis."
Virginie Razzano, on her match against Stosur

"Leading into here, I lost first round and second round. But my second round in Madrid was a tight one, 7‑6 in the third. So I knew that I was starting to play better, but, you know, it was just kind of a round by round kind of thing and play each match as it comes, and hopefully find myself in the second week, which is what's happened. I'm really pleased with that."
Samantha Stosur

"...I'd say that she serves even better than Serena or Venus, because she can do all types of serves. She can vary her serves. That is, hit a very strong first serve, or she would give spin to the ball so that the ball is inside out."
Virginie Razzano, speaking of Samantha Stosur

No comments: