Thursday, April 6, 2017

What they said at the Volvo Car Open

"This shirt is from my good friend, Ms. Bethanie Mattek-Sands: 'hashtag Ms. Rogers' Neighborhood.' I thought it was appropriate to wear today."
Shelby Rogers

"You can always come back on clay." 
Laura Siegemund

"...there were some errors I made in the beginning, but when push came to shove, I feel like I did the right things, but somehow inexplicably came up empty."
Venus Williams

Daria Gavrilova (photo by Daniel Ward)
"It's a bit difficult to recover, but you know how to work with this." 
Elena Vesnina, on being a 30-something player

"I think I played a lot smarter in the first set. I think I was hitting a lot heavier. I think I was getting her back and off the court, and I think I kept her off the offense a lot better."
Madison Keys

"When she won Wimbledon, it was very big in Russia [pause] Not really in Russia--nothing's big in Russia."
Daria Gavrilova, speaking of Sharapova 

"I basically won the match but still lost."
Venus Williams

No comments: