Tuesday, September 2, 2014

U.S. Open--what they said

I tell myself, "Never, ever, ever give up."
Peng Shuai

How much of today was about she played so well and how much was the new experience of being in a Grand Slam quarterfinals?
Yeah, I think it's both. I mean, I wasn't nervous or something going to the court. It was just the little things that didn't work out for me. I had the small outs; I make some unforced errors and stuff. She also didn't let me to come into the game again. So it's both.
Belinda Bencic 

When was the lowest moment for you when you thought that you might actually stop playing?
One time was my 12 years old and then one time is in the 2006. Yeah. These two times actually is kind of like I almost stop played. Because my 12 years almost was doesn't have that much choice, because the doctor was telling me maybe I have to stop it. But is really lucky, you know, like I can come back and play. And 2006 was also big another challenger, and then finally I maked it.
Peng Shuai
 
What do you think next year will bring?
Oh, I have no idea. I don't know what next week will bring.
Belinda Bencic

You said many times that you actually enjoyed being in Li Na's shadow. That the attention was on Li Na and you enjoyed that. 
I never said that.
Peng Shuai 

No comments: