Monday, August 26, 2013

U.S. Open--what they said

Did your grandfather have any influence on your tennis or anything?
Yes, he used to play tennis, as well. He was a hockey player and a hockey coach. He was really a sports guy. He was working in sports school until he was 79, so pretty, pretty late. He was very fit and skiing as well, playing tennis, everything. So, yeah.
Agnieszka Radwanska

Is it fair to say that puts extra pressure?  You're in a profession that is a lot of pressure, you know, aside from that, but you have added pressure as a result, do you think?
I think before two or three years ago I cannot hung in there because I was feeling maybe I was crash because of the pressure. But now if you student of life, I have to learn every day. So this couple years I think I was stronger a little bit. Not too much. But still learn every day to, how do you say, like the pressure, like the way. I was feeling pressure can push me go forward.
Li Na

How is the wrist feeling?
It's fine.
Any pain at all?  Anything during the match?
I don't want to say because you're going to run with that. Yeah, I'm happy
with how it is.
Laura Robson

I wake up every morning pain-free.
Serena Williams
 
Where do you see the state of your game right now?  How are you feeling?
Um, I try not to think about the state. I try to think about how I'm going to execute each point on the court. There can be times you play amazing in practice or in the round before and not play well the next round. I try more than anything to get the best out of myself in that game and that point. That's kind of what I'm looking at, and of course trying to get better each round.  But, you know, that's it.
Venus Williams

I'm surprised she didn't give him the racket.
Chris Evert, after Francesca Schiavone, down 0-6, 0-2, hugged a ballboy

2 comments:

svente said...

There are few things more adorable than Francesca hugging that ballboy! It was great!

Diane said...

Such a "Francesca" moment :)