Friday, June 28, 2013

Wimbledon--what they said

Sometimes they do a massive groan when I deliver a double fault, but I’m doing it too, so we’re going through it together.
Laura Robson
 
I guess it just clicked, or I finally gained the amount of experience needed to play on grass. Because back home, we don’t have any grass courts, we don’t have even one grass court. So I never played before I came here for the first time.
Tsvetana Pironkova

...in the third set she was playing unbelievable and I couldn’t do nothing.
Angelique Kerber

Most of the time I have an injury or I’m not in good condition.
Kimiko Date-Krumm

Second week of a Grand Slam is a new start, especially here where you have two days off.  It's really a new tournament starting.  I have to make sure I stay mentally very tough and keeping the same intensity.
Marion Bartoli

I really like that, that when you hit a ball, it’s actually a winner. It’s not like on clay, you keep hitting, hitting, hitting, and then you cannot make a winner.
Tsvetana Pironkova

No comments: