Friday, August 28, 2009

What they'll be wearing

Here are pictures of the U.S. Open day and night dresses for Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams. Sharapova will wear dusty mauve, which may or may not look good with fluorescent green piping. I would prefer a different color for the piping, but Nike has not consulted me. The night version of the dress has a somewhat different pattern, and is navy and silver (it looks black in this photo). I like the hooded silver jacket.

Williams will wear wear a hot pink--more likely, magenta--dress with black trim during the day, with the colors reversed for night wear.

5 comments:

U said...

There is "Which player do you find the most fashionable on the tennis court?" poll on the wta site.

What is Your choice, Diane? On and off the list.

Diane said...

On the court, I generally like Maria's clothes the best. Off the court, I like Maria's look a lot of the time, but sometimes, I don't like it at all. She has that European cosmopolitan look, however, and can pull off a lot of different ensembles.

I thought Maria Kirilenko looked really good in the Stella McCartney outfits, too, and I usually like Dementieva's dresses.

U said...

I like Bethanie Mattek's brave fashion "installations". :)

Diane said...

Well, now that you mention it, U, so do I! The Wimbledon tube socks were probably my favorite.

U said...

I recommend:

http://www.bmattek.com/

:)