Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What they said

From Wimbledon day 3 interviews:

"Maybe today she can go and play lotto also a little bit. It would be a good day for her."
Nathalie Dechy on Ana Ivanovic

How do you relax?
"I don't know. I don't know. I haven't mastered that. I'm open to suggestions."
Serena Williams

"...I had 30-love leads, or even 40-15, and then stupid errors. And then that was that, really."
Elena Baltacha

Did you see what she did at the end of the match, walking up to the net?
"Did she kiss the net?"
Yes.
"The net deserved it."
Nathalie Dechy on her opponent's netcord moment that saved a match point

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

poor nathalie - it just wasn't her day.

match pt #2 = heavenly intervention for ivanovic.

I was really impressed by Dechy during out the whole match and in the interviews as well. she was so classy and collected. <3

what a nail biter of a match - best of the year so far i think.

Dan

now bring on momo vs serena!