Monday, June 24, 2013

Wimbledon--what they said

Honestly, I'm not feeling that great. My back is hurting a little bit. But, yeah, I'm not lying on the ground like in Australia.
Jamie Hampton

I'm rolling up my sleeves.
Pam Shriver, anticipating more Williams-Sharapova discussion opportunities

My season is up and down, I know it.
Petra Kvitova

At that moment, it's shocking because you have no ground. You basically just fall. You know, your legs go one way, and there is no balance or nothing. Nothing I could control in that moment, and that's scary.
Victoria Azarenka

That's the way!
Maria Sharapova, after hitting a winner

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Honestly, I'm not feeling that great. My back is hurting a little bit. But, yeah, I'm not lying on the ground like in Australia.
Jamie Hampton".

I sure hope she gets her lumbar spine under control. To me, the frustrating irony is that Jamie is part Korean, and (in my experience) South Korea produces the best minimally invasive spine care in the world.

Diane said...

She has implied that nothing can be done. I don't know.

Anonymous said...

I guess we'll never know, and it's probably none of our business. But if you include the world wide medical community, there is almost always something that can be done. It's more a matter of weighing the risks vs. the benefits. Too bad in the US, it's more like weighing the benefits vs a possible legal lawsuit.