Saturday, June 8, 2013

French Open--what they said

I don't know if she really cares about what's going on on the other side. I think in the last few matches (I’ve) always been slow starting, so I definitely wanted to give myself a bit more energy than maybe I have done previously.
Maria Sharapova

Honestly at that point I was just so nervous, I thought "I'm not going to be able to hit ground strokes." No joke. As you can see, the one ground stroke I did hit went a hundred feet out. I thought to myself, "Look, Serena, you've just got to hit aces. That's your only choice." I wouldn't have been able to hit a forehand or a backhand or any shot, for that matter.
Serena Williams, on how she ended the match

I played a great tournament and I ran into a really tough champion today.
Maria Sharapova

I love Paris. I spend a lot of time here. I live here. I practice here. I think I am a Parisian.
Serena Williams

7 comments:

Overhead Spin said...

Diane, you may or may not be happy to hear that Patty Schnyder is playing tennis again.

Diane said...

In what venue? Exo? Pro?

Overhead Spin said...

I think it is a pro tournament. It is in Germany. I will try and find the link to the tournie and post it here

Overhead Spin said...

Diane, here you go
http://tinyurl.com/kqnt48z

Diane said...

Sevastova is there, too. Didn't she just retire from pro tennis? Interesting.

Overhead Spin said...

Yes, it was only after I posted it that I saw her name as well. Not quite sure what kind of tournament it is. Looks like a kind of club type thing.

Oh one more thing, you have Erani losing to Sharapova in the semis. Errani actually played Serena in the semis.

Diane said...

I must have had Sharapova on my mind at that moment. Some good proof-reading does :) Thanks!