Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Sure, I've been on the Tube...I caught it to Eastbourne once."

I had forgotten about all the wonderful quotes published by On the Line, but I went back there last night to enjoy them again. There are multiple categories, and a few players (notably Marat Safin, Andy Roddick and Goran Ivanisevic) appear many times. Stupid quotes (mostly from commentators, of course), hilarious quotes, even some serious ones--are part of the collection.

Here are a few samples:

Ann Jones: "She puts her head down and bangs it straight across the line."

Martina Hingis: "I've always said I'm a good horse but I'm still an underdog."

Maria Sharapova: ""It's pretty hard being a tennis player and Mother Teresa at the same time and that's just the way it is."

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for that, it was highly entertaining
some commentators say the stupidest things...

Diane said...

I've got some I could add to that list...