Tuesday, April 2, 2019

The return of Professor Petkovic


photo by Daniel Ward

Professor Petkovic is back in Charleston, and we're the better for it.

"I think I've achieved so many things, if I was to retire today, I would be happy. I still want to achieve much more, but I would be satisfied. Not happy, but I would be satisfied, and I think I could look back at a good career."

photos by Daniel Ward
"And now I think tennis is more of a tool for me to evolve as a human and as a personality, because there are still so many things where I'm so stubborn and just sometimes think I'm smarter than everybody else just because I read two books in my life, you know. And those are the things that I tryto change, and tennis is a tool for me to achieve that, where I have to listen to others and I have to sort of be open-minded and just evolve every day."

"So that's what I like about tennis, and when you do the right things, also you get a reward. Maybe not right away, but it pays off at one point, and I've been through so many ups and downs in my career that I know that, and so now tennis is sort of a tool for me to just evolve my personality and work on these things that are still my weaknesses somehow."

No comments: