Sunday, February 1, 2015

Australian Open--what they said

We're undefeated in World Team Tennis, won the championships a few times now. So far we're
undefeated in Grand Slam tennis. Not trying to put the pressure on, but we haven't lost a set yet. It's the first Grand Slam I've ever won out of my 15 that I've never lost a set and that's thanks to this young lady here. The smarts, the intelligence is what stands out.
Leander Paes, referring to Martina Hingis

 It was not as physical maybe, but it was more of a mental match today.
Martina Hingis

At this stage in your career, both of you are so experienced, do you have any targets remaining for your career? Lee, I believe you're trying to complete a career Grand Slam. Are these targets for you in the future?
My target is to get Martina her career Grand Slam. That's my goal. If it takes me two years, so be it. That's my goal.
Leander Paes

I’m really sleepy and very tired. My legs are dead. I feel worn out, but I also feel very happy.
Serena Williams

No comments: