Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Christmas Song, WTA version

Photo by Daniel Ward

 Bloggers roasting you from east to west
Jack Sock nipping at your toes
Songs of gloom being sung by the press
And fans fed up with certain pros

Everybody knows a trophy and some prize cash
 Would help to make next season bright
Tennis fans with their hopes all but dashed
 Will find it hard to cheer tonight

They know that Genie's on her way
With lots of confidence and willingness to play
 And then Simona is standing by
To demonstrate how her ranking got so high

So I'm offering this simple phrase
Don't wait until you're thirty-two
Try to get into a final some day
Sloane, I'm talking to you

3 comments:

Todd.Spiker said...

Ah, I always love when it's time for WTA Christmas carols! Now I'll have "Jack Sock nipping at your toes" in my head for days. :)

(Oh, so many little thought bubbles could be placed over that photo of Sloane... all of them just this side of snarky, I suspect.) ;)

Diane said...

I guess it isn't Christmas until I've had a go at Sloane :D

Todd.Spiker said...

Haha. Sounds like me in Week 1... and Week 9... and Week 15... and... ;)