Sunday, September 7, 2014

U.S. Open--what they said

You're an inspiration to me on and off the court.
Caroline Wozniacki, to Serena

I train really hard and I never want to stop. Then sometimes I ask Patrick, Is this normal? He says, No, it's not normal. Because I didn't think so. Tell me I'm not crazy. He's like, You are.
Serena Williams

How will you celebrate tonight? 
I don't know yet. I haven't thought of it yet, but I think we will go to the Fifth Avenue. Maybe go shopping.
Marie Bouzkova

You know, today I went out there and I was a little nervous. I had a game plan in mind, but it was kind of difficult at the start. I tried to push her back, but that really didn't work for me.
Caroline Wozniacki

I put a lot of pressure on myself. I don't have to put pressure on myself, because like I said, I don't have to win another title. I always have my little 18 bracelet now. I'm good to go.
Serena Williams

 ...to be the first ever to win US Open juniors, it's amazing feeling, you know. No one ever in history won that. Yeah, it's great.
Marie Bouzkova

You're an unbelievable friend and you definitely owe drinks later.
Caroline Wozniacki, to Serena

No comments: