Monday, June 30, 2014

Wimbledon--what they said

Amazing, isn’t it? It shows that our tennis is really strong, we have great players. I’m happy for my country and I hope we just keep developing more stars like that.
Lucie Safarova, after defeating Tereza Smitkova

Before the match, umpire Mariana Alves had to ask the blonde, pony-tailed 21-year-olds wearing matching outfits and headbands how she would be able to tell them apart. For the record, the only notable difference was the model of their Wilson tennis racket.
Dan Imhoff, referring to the Kichenok twins

Here I think it's like make me more comfortable, because my parents came and we are in the house. So it's like at home for me. My mom is cooking and we are eating Russian food. It's really comfortable.
Ekaterina Makarova

She’s in top form.
Ana Ivanovic, referring to Sabine Lisicki
 
Barbora is very good with the tactics and she has great touch and great volleys, slice, everything like that.
Petra Kvitova

...Ask anyone. I can be a princess. I can be moody in the morning. My fitness trainer carries my tennis bag around. But that’s so I don’t get tired. I can demand a few things once in a while--but I do it with love.
Genie Bouchard

No comments: