Wednesday, May 28, 2014

French Open--what they said

I knew the match was going to go fast, because she plays really fast and I play really fast. I was thinking that...if I change the way I was playing, then she will begin to feel better, you know, and turn around the match. But I said, "Okay, this is my chance. I'm going to continue doing the same no matter what happened."
Garbine Muguruza

If I couldn't play better I would be even more disappointed. But I know I can, so I know I have something to look forward to.
Serena Williams
 
It was really me who wasn't doing what I was supposed to do in the first. I was giving up too many short balls, no pace, and it's no surprise she's going to take control if I do that. It just wasn't  good enough. I pulled myself together and started playing the way I know I need to play and I was able to take control.
Genie Bouchard

You cannot lose a match like this. I'm really an idiot.
Flavia Pennetta

She's going to be even better as she continues to play. I see wonderful things for her.
Venus Williams, referring to Anna Schmiedlova

...it's great sometimes to get knocked down because you have to get back up. I love getting back up. I love the challenge.
Serena Williams

Serena lost? She did? Oh, oops. Whoa.
Seriously, you didn't know?
No, I thought she won. I saw 2 and 2. I was like "Oh, that was fast."
Taylor Townsend

Okay, don't lose your mind.
Garbine Muguruza, admonishing yourself as she served for the match

No comments: