Monday, September 2, 2013

U.S. Open--what they said

You are 30. Do you have the same motivation on the tour right now?
Yes, I do. Even more. Like I said, I just enjoy every single moment being able to be out there and compete. Doesn't really matter which way it goes.
Daniela Hantuchova

What would you say has been the key to your rivalry with Errani? 
Well, I know Sara of course a lot. I played aggressive, aggressive, aggressive. I know that she doesn't like when someone plays aggressive. She likes to play a lot of ball on the court. Yeah, I won the last two times, but I play really, really good.
Roberta Vinci

I'm sure you've been talking about this a lot the last couple weeks, but discuss how difficult it was to come back from wrist surgery.
It was and still is really tough. Since one year already. A lot of thing change when I come back in March. Was really tough. Everything was really different, from my coach, from my doubles partner, from the feeling I had in the court, everything. I try to just come back and play the most I can, single, doubles, mixed, everything. You know, when you stop for so many time, so long part, like seven months, something like that, when you come back, you feel different, and all your body have problem. You don't have problem in your hand, but you start having problem in the leg or the abdominal because you are not used to play for such a long time. Your body just need time to recover.
Flavia Pennetta

When was the last time you served so well?
Couldn't really remember. I guess eleven years ago.
Daniela Hantuchova

No comments: