Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Quote of the day

"Every year the Open keeps pushing the limits as an innovated and player-friendly tournament. Exhibit A: I got a massage in my player car last year. Beat that, Brookstone."
Irina Falconi

(Note to U.S. viewers: The CBS Sports Network is doing all-day broadcasting of U.S. Open qualifying play (thanks to Todd for letting me know this), so there's a good chance you can watch Falconi. Top qualifying seed Shahar Peer is already out, as is Melanie Oudin.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Petra beat Alison in three. A semi-swoon in the second set. Maybe Kvitova has been hired to give the newbies an emotional boost. Girls whom she shoud beat in straights come away thinking that they can hang with the top players... lol

Diane said...

I know. When I see a 2-setter from Petra, now, I wonder what's going on!