Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wimbledon--what they said

Is it alright for you to pass her?
She told me it's time for me to pass her.
Serena Williams, on possibly beating her sister's Wimbledon record

I think it was a big one for me because although I really like grass and I seem to play well on it, I've never actually done overly well here.  I've only made the second round once. So yeah, it was a big win for me.
Laura Robson

I feel like my game isn't back yet. My reactions are slow. I'm not moving like I usually move, getting balls back. I don't feel quick and the same as I used to be.
Heather Watson, commenting on her return to the tour following illness

Of course, it was not easy to get my rhythm, but I get it in the end.
Angelique Kerber

I still have to get used to playing on grass, so I was feeling pretty happy today.
Li Na

That strapped up the ankle, but it hasn't strapped up the unforced errors.
David Mercer, on Pavlyuchenkova's time with the trainer

No comments: