Friday, January 18, 2013

Australian Open--what they said

Did you expect this kind of tournament for yourself when you came?
Yeah. I never think about the playing four, five years ago I never think about play the Grand Slam, so of course this year I won two times in the singles and then two times in doubles. Yeah, like a miracle.
Kimiko Date-Krumm

Do you have any reaction (to Lance Armstrong's interview)?

I can't talk about anything I don't know anything about, so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.  I'm not an expert on that stuff. That's all I can say.
Venus Williams

Although they did show up on my birthday and I was very disappointed. They did a couple of years ago. I said, "Unless you bring flowers, I'm (not) okay with it."  But they came empty-handed.
Maria Sharapova, commenting on drug-testing

...one thing she's very good at is when she's pulled wide, she's just got so much control of the ball. I think a few times I thought when I hit an angle she'd come back with an angle, but she went for the lower percentage shot down the line, but for her it's higher percentage.
Heather Watson, referring to Agnieszka Radwanska

Francesca Schiavone said to me..."She put her legs in the freezer for ten years."
Rennae Stubbs, referring to Kimiko Date-Krumm

No comments: