Friday, June 8, 2012

French Open--what they said

It was not hard. I just woke up today and have been thinking only about the doubles. Tomorrow I will think about the singles. I don't want to think about tomorrow now--it's not a good idea. I prefer to relax.
Sara Errani

Now Sara is happy, confident and strong. We will see what will happen tomorrow, but she really has nothing to lose in the final.
Roberta Vinci

Clay isn't my best surface, but I've never felt better on it than today.
Esther Vergeer

Good technique, great technique.
Martina Navratilova, discussing Sara Errani

Sharapova has rarely overlooked an opponent and given that she has had trouble with scramblers in the past, there's no way that she will go into the final thinking it's a lock. But she is serving with much more accuracy and force than she did at this time last year, has been quite accurate off the ground and has been devastating in her return of serve games.
Martina Navratilova

On average, Sharapova's second serve is 15k faster than Errani's first serve.
Jason Goodall

No comments: