Tuesday, May 31, 2011

French Open--what they said

Intensity is a skill.
Martina Navratilova

I never felt that excited after a match, to be honest. It was just so many feelings at the same time....
Marion Bartoli

If looks could kill, there might be two dead players on the court.
Elise Bergen

She started to put more balls in, so, at that moment--I wasn't used to playing rallies with her at the beginning, so this was tough.
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

I couldn't play spin inside the court; the truth is, I couldn't play inside the court, inside the line.
Francesca Schiavone

That was a gunslinger shot right there; she definitely pulled it out of her hip.
Martina Navratilova

So 4-1, I played really good two games, then she went a little bit down, and when I catch her on 4-all, and I say "keep going." I am here. If I have to lose, I have to lose in the right way....
Francesca Schiavone

She had the courage, you know, and it was tough to stop her.
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Unbelievable!--maybe perhaps a little believable when you see the technique.
Elise Bergen

In the past years, I really felt the pressure here, but in a bad way.
Marion Bartoli

No comments: