Monday, May 30, 2011

French Open--what they said

I've been tested in the past four matches and today was the toughest of them all. I had two or three games where I really lost control of my mental structure, my mental toughness. I'm really happy I gained it back and was able to strike back and lift my game to another level to hit the ball again.
Andrea Petkovic

There’s been a lot to follow: top-tier upsets, second-tier moonwalking, and stretcher-assisted exits on the women’s side....
Steve Tignor

My husband left and I won six games in a row.
Li Na

I have a lot of respect for her. I really admire her not only as a player, but as an athlete and how she handles herself. She does a great job and I've always thought she represents women's tennis really well. I feel honored to be in the quarterfinals at all, and even more playing such a champion.
Andrea Petkovic, speaking of Maria Sharapova

I was feeling like an elephant in a porcelain shop.
Marion Bartoli, on her past clay court experiences

She's very strong--you can never see emotions from her.
Victoria Azarenka, referring to Li Na

I don't know, I think it just wasn't my best day.
Ekaterina Makarova

 You know, we have three years, every day, like 24 hours together, so of course, I was tired.
Li Na, on her former husband-as-coach arrangement

We won't be able to show you all of this--unless Azarenka retires again.
Mary Carillo, announcing the transition to ESPN coverage

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never saw this side of Petko before. About 43 seconds into this video (after advertisement)

http://bit.ly/ln3Al4

Umpire was heard to say: "Warning for thigh abuse, Ms Petkovic".

Diane said...

I saw that; it made me think of Zvonareva in that U.S. Open match against Pennetta.

Benjy said...

I love Li Na so much :) Hope she wins tomorrow!

Diane said...

I don't like it that Schiavone and Bartoli have to play each other. And the French crowd has to watch its champion play against a countrywoman.

www.muebles-en-guipuzcoa.com said...

In my opinion everyone may browse on this.