Monday, May 30, 2011

French Open--what they said

I've been tested in the past four matches and today was the toughest of them all. I had two or three games where I really lost control of my mental structure, my mental toughness. I'm really happy I gained it back and was able to strike back and lift my game to another level to hit the ball again.
Andrea Petkovic

There’s been a lot to follow: top-tier upsets, second-tier moonwalking, and stretcher-assisted exits on the women’s side....
Steve Tignor

My husband left and I won six games in a row.
Li Na

I have a lot of respect for her. I really admire her not only as a player, but as an athlete and how she handles herself. She does a great job and I've always thought she represents women's tennis really well. I feel honored to be in the quarterfinals at all, and even more playing such a champion.
Andrea Petkovic, speaking of Maria Sharapova

I was feeling like an elephant in a porcelain shop.
Marion Bartoli, on her past clay court experiences

She's very strong--you can never see emotions from her.
Victoria Azarenka, referring to Li Na

I don't know, I think it just wasn't my best day.
Ekaterina Makarova

 You know, we have three years, every day, like 24 hours together, so of course, I was tired.
Li Na, on her former husband-as-coach arrangement

We won't be able to show you all of this--unless Azarenka retires again.
Mary Carillo, announcing the transition to ESPN coverage


Anonymous said...

Never saw this side of Petko before. About 43 seconds into this video (after advertisement)

Umpire was heard to say: "Warning for thigh abuse, Ms Petkovic".

Diane said...

I saw that; it made me think of Zvonareva in that U.S. Open match against Pennetta.

Benjy said...

I love Li Na so much :) Hope she wins tomorrow!

Diane said...

I don't like it that Schiavone and Bartoli have to play each other. And the French crowd has to watch its champion play against a countrywoman. said...

In my opinion everyone may browse on this.