Sunday, May 29, 2011

French Open--what they said

Do you want to play?
Francesca Schiavone, to a spectator who spoke to her during the match

I should be satisfied; the whole tournament, I wasn't playing my best tennis....
Vera Zvonareva

I think I never had the results my game deserved because, most of the time, in the Round of 16 or quarterfinals, I had to face the Williams sisters. I never doubted my tennis, or I would have stopped playing.
Daniela Hantuchova

I wanted to win so badly, so I think of everything to do.
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

If I did not want Aravane be free, I would give her a scarf and religious books.
Arsalan Rezai

Great talent, with lefty--was not easy for me to play against her.
Francesca Schiavone, on Patty Schnyder

I don't really want to comment on this because it's none of my business.
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, on the state of women's tennis

2 comments:

Overhead Spin said...

See that is what irks me about the women. If a reporter had asked one of the men about the state of men's tennis, they would have ensured that they had an answer. How can it not be your business? You are part of women's tennis. Someone perhaps needs to remind Pavs of that next time she says it is none of her business. Stupid

Diane said...

She started giving an answer--I don't know if you heard her--and I think she really didn't know how to finish, so she made an exit by saying it wasn't her business. I wish she had kept talking--she was on a roll--but she wanted "out."

It could have been worse--it could have been Kvitova :)