Friday, May 27, 2011

French Open--what they said

It's definitely not the surface I like the most, but you know, I was still hoping that it was going to be better than this....
Caroline Wozniacki

Physically, I feel really good. I feel fit, I'm ready, and I'm fitter than ever.
Marion Bartoli

She seemed to...be the one dictating the points, which, for me, I'm Usually the one able to do that, but pretty much right from the first game, she kind of set that tone and it was difficult for me  to turn it around.
Sam Stosur, referring to Gisela Dulko

A single glance at any point in this match would have been enough to tell you who the superior shot-maker and pure tennis player is: Hantuchova. Her shots penetrated more easily, and with less obvious effort, than her much-higher-ranked opponent’s. As we unfortunately know, there’s a lot more to tennis than ball-striking....
Steve Tignor

I have to say today was probably one of my best matches.
Daniela Hantuchova

I've been totally in tune with the crowd. When I play there are times I struggle, but then I can turn the match around--I think the people love that. They see I'll never give up.
Marion Bartoli

The only one I feel pressure from is myself....
Caroline Wozniacki

No comments: