Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Miscellany

Laura Robson, who has been training at the Mouratoglou Academy for a year, has hired Patrick Mouratoglou to be her coach for the 2011 season.

Serena Williams and her crystal-encrusted rehab boot are now being spotted on tennis courts.

Tennis Channel is now airing its Hot Shots of 2010. Look for the feature to be shown several times.

Hopman Cup competition begins on January 1.

Justine Henin reports that it may take months for her elbow to be fully healed.

Olivia Rogowska has been given a wild card into the main draw of the Hobart Inernational tournament. She recently won the Australian Open wild card playoffs in Australia.

5 comments:

Overhead Spin said...

I have been seeing this news about Robson and the Morago fellow. I thought he was coach to Rezai. Has that partnership ended or is it that Morago will be coaching Robson along with Rezai?

Diane said...

Rezai still trains at the academy, I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but he is no longer her coach.

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane, I'll be going to ASB classic on the first day of play (3rd Jan), hopefully I'll be able to send you some photos. not sure where the seats are, it was almost sold out when we booked! I can tell you Sharapova and the quality of the players for next year is really creating a buzz here.
cheers
Dani

Overhead Spin said...

Wow he is no longer coaching Rezai. Hmm, I wonder what happened. After her amazing run this year, I thought that they would build on that and see where 2011 takes them. I did see her game regressing in the latter part of the year especially when they hit the hard courts. It will be interesting to see if she returns with the same fire as she did this year as she will have a lot of points to defend.

Diane said...

Dani, have a great time! And yes, photos would be nice, if you have time.

I don't know what Rezai is doing, coaching-wise, but I don't see any way that Mouratoglou can coach both of them full-time. He brought Rezai's game to a whole new level, for sure. However, this may be a good time for a change; Rezai needs to be taught to slow down and think.