Monday, October 4, 2010

Jankovic and Radwanska out of Beijing

3rd seed Jelena Jankovic was defeated today in the second round of the China Open by countrywoman Bojana Jovanovski. Jovanovski defeated Jankovic 4-6, 6-2, 6-2.

6th seed Agnieszka Radwanska didn't make it to the second round; she was defeated 5-7, 7-6, 7-5 in the opening round by Angelique Kerber. 11th seed Marion Bartoli also went out in the first round; she was defeated by Ana Ivanovic.

13th seed Nadia Petrova advanced to the third round with a 6-3, 7-5 defeat of Alona Bondarenko.

3 comments:

Sunny nine said...

I don't know what to make of Jankovic lately. It seems like she is headed towards falling out of the top ten eventually if she doesn't get her act together. She really hasn't played well since Wimbledon.

Diane said...

I don't feel too good about JJ anymore, which makes me sad. I don't know what the problem is, but she reminds me of the the main character in The Princess and the Pea. I'm no longer as hopeful about her as I used to be.

muebles mostoles said...

I consider one and all should look at it.