Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Miscellany

David Rosenberg says that Kimiko Date Krumm's comeback is the most overrated. Some would beg to differ.

Venus Williams and Polo Lauren are partners for a virtual clinic Williams is doing on August 26, and they have also put their heads together to create a tennis dress and a limited-edition U.S. Open polo shirt. Depending on how these projects go, Williams and Polo Ralph Lauren may extend their partnership. Williams has already formed a partnership with the Gilt Group, and says that her EleVen clothing should be in traditional retail outlets next year. The partnership with Polo Ralph Lauren is, it would seem, a departure from the EleVen philosophy of creating athletic clothing that is easily affordable, so it appears that Williams may be branching out and offering more than one EleVen line.

Melanie Oudin and Jamie Hampton may play doubles together at the U.S. Open.

Elena Dementieva says that every time she plays, she feels nervous and excited. "As long as I as I feel that way, I'll keep playing."

Bethanie Mattek-Sands will blog for USA Today during the U.S. Open.

2 comments:

Overhead Spin said...

I really love the work that Venus is doing right now. Very low keyed but inspirational stuff. I love that she is very focused on children and the issues affecting young people, especially young women. Nice to see.

I am really looking forward to her USO dress.

Diane said...

Do you know what she's wearing? I haven't seen a photo or an illustration.

I really like the EleVen line.