Thursday, May 27, 2010

French Open--what they said

I made a decision that I'm not gonna put myself under pressure, because what I've been through was a lot to handle. It made me stronger, and now I'm just enjoying tennis. I'm enjoying back to feel good on the court.
Aleksandra Wozniak

Sometimes there are gonna be some weird moments, but because we're very competitive, we want to--we want to win. I mean, it's not like we are having a picnic out there or a charity match.
Jelena Jankovic

I didn't see your match today, but I know you had some sort of bandage on your leg when you were practicing here last week. Are you healthy and everything all right?
I'm okay. Yes.
Was there a problem last week a little bit?
I don't want to talk about it.
Elena Dementieva

It was difficult. It was destabilisant. It shook me up a lot, and now I feel I can take more and learn more even. Even if bad things come my way now, I can handle them more.
Aleksandra Wozniack, referring to the challenges of injuries and coach changes

I think women's tennis is more powerful now and more speedy compared to 90s, but at some point before 90s it's more they had more technique, I think.
Kimiko Date Krumm

Shut up! Go away and leave your mathematics at home.
Agnieszka Radwanska, to father/coach Robert Radwanski, who was in the stands verabally counting her errors
(translated from the Polish)

And then he said, Don't take not so much risk and don't get injury again more. But he knows my character, so he didn't say, Please retire. Even he saying, Please retire, I never listen.
Kimiko Date Krumm, speaking of her husband

No comments: