Tuesday, May 25, 2010

French Open--what they said

You know what, I'm feeling really confident in my game. I've been playing aggressive, playing my style. Really been mixing up a lot of shots. I've even surprised myself how many drop shots I've hit or how many slices I've mixed in, and swing volleys.
Bethanie Mattek-Sands

So today during the match I many times I was thinking to better to retire or not, because it's still many tournament coming, and then next Grand Slam coming very soon. Then my condition was very bad. So if I injury one my time, it's big injury. I cannot play anymore. But my feeling was don't want to stop. So even when I lost, I don't want to stop. And then same time she start a little bit get nervous, and then she start to make easy mistake. So I try many things, drop shot, and then to use more wider, slowly, and then she start mistakes. So I try everything, and then just to wait until she mistake. Yeah.
Kimiko Date Krumm

She has a very strange game because she hits so hard on the ball. Sometimes it's very slow, so you have to deal with it.
Justine Henin, referring to Tsvetana Pironkova

You separated with your coach, I hear. You want to talk a little bit about that? I know he was important to you.
Yeah. After Madrid I took a decision to stop. I mean, definitely he did the best job than everybody could make with me. He brought me to No. 1 in the world. I mean, not him. Together we came together to number one. But I decided that I wanted to stop, and that's it. I won't say anything.
Was it getting too intense or...
I don't want to comment anything else.
Maybe another voice...
I don't want to comment more than this.
Dinara Safina

You know what, the thing is it changes all the time. It's not like this length is inappropriate, because obviously when someone serves the whole dress comes up. I mean, you can't say it's okay for Maria to do it when she has pictures like that, but Venus can't.
Bethanie Mattek-Sands

This year, it starts badly for the French.
Here it is, here we go again. Yes?
Marion Bartoli

You're very intense. Why? Is it since you were a child?
Well, I was always like that. At times I thought it's because of what I experienced in my life, but then I watched some videos of me when I was four, five, six, and I was already like that. I'm not a loner, but there are times when I really need to be really focused on myself, and I did that when I was a child, so I guess it's part of me.
Justine Henin

And your immediate goals for this year are what?
Media goals?
Immediate goals.
I thought, media goals, wow, I would never set those goals.
Daniela Hantuchova

No comments: