Friday, September 25, 2009

Hantuchova answers question about doubles

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been wondering with whom Daniela Hantuchova will play doubles now that Ai Sugiyama is retiring. She addresses this issue in her Seoul blog, in the question and answer part:
We're playing our last tournament together in Tokyo. It's really sad, but I'm really glad I'll be a part of her last tournament. Ai has given me so many wonderful memories on the court, and we're great friends, so it's going to be tough to see her go. She's such a great fighter and a great person. The tennis world will miss her, for sure I will. It won't be easy to find another one like her. Next year I may play some doubles here and there but I'm really going to try focusing on my singles. One of the reasons I was playing doubles so much was because Ai was one of my best friends, and we were having so much fun.

No comments: