Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wimbledon--what they said

You've always been a crowd favorite here. Did you detect a groundswell of support for Gisela as the underdog today?
"That was the least of my worries today. I was just trying to win a tennis match."
Maria Sharapova

"I was very nervous in the end. The last game was forever for me."
Gisela Dulko

"I'm happy the way I'm playing. I've changed my serve a little bit, and obviously that's coming into play, so it's going to take some time before it starts to get better. But I already feel like I am playing much better, I'm moving better."
Sania Mirza

"I have been doing it since I was 10 years old. I wasn't really strong and that was what helped me to accelerate more, to put more power to the ball. I cannot change it, that's what helps me to play. I have to keep going with the thing that helps me play."
Victoria Azarenka, on her screaming (which even she incorrectly calls "grunting")

You did a good job getting back into the match. You won seven straight games.
"Not good enough."
Maria Sharapova, on her loss to Gisela Dulko

No comments: