Tuesday, June 2, 2009

French Open--what they said

In the beginning of the second set, your serve went down a little bit. What happened there? Was it the wind that bothered you?
"No, I don't know. It was just something with my emotion. I didn't feel it. I didn't know what was going on. I have no idea."
Victoria Azarenka, on her loss to Dinara Safina

What’s your least favourite training exercise?
"Talking tactics. It drives me mad!"
Dominika Cibulkova

"I'm not really happy with my game today."
Dinara Safina

"You know, it was my tactic, you know, to play close to the baseline and, you know, to make her move and not to be scared of her first, two, three, like fast shots. I knew that if I managed to put it back, then I have my chances."
Dominika Cibulkova, on her match again Maria Sharapova

"It was his weaker part, I guess, his emotions. It was also for me. It's good that I managed to change it. I knew this is my weakness, and I deal with it. That's why I think I did such a big jump."
Dinara Safina, speaking of Marat Safin

"When it was 6‑0, 5‑0 and 40‑30, that's when I realized like what is happening? 6‑0, 5‑0, it's too much, I think, against Maria."
Dominika Cibulkova

On a scale of 1 to 10, where would you place your physical?
"Um, I don't really like scales, so I don't know. I don't know where it is. I don't like numbers, either."
Maria Sharapova

No comments: